Tips for Selection Advisory Committees
RMC's experienced Scribes can add considerable value to your selection process and save you valuable time! The following items will enable your Scribe to provide a fully documented final report for your signoff as quickly as possible.
- Provide as much information as possible to the Scribe before the interview process such as the selection criteria, duty statement, schedule of candidates, interview questions, details off additional assessments. For example, testing, practical, assessment centres, short-listing outcome, names and designations of Committee members and the name of the Departmental Delegate
- Provide applications to the Scribe
- Determine prior to interview whether the Scribe's scope of work will include obtaining verbal referee reports
- Ensure all interview questions are aligned to the selection criteria and seek behavioural or situational based responses. For example, 'tell us about a time....' or 'give us an example when you.....'
- Assess each candidate immediately the candidate leaves the interview, discussing candidate's performance in terms of each of the selection criteria
- Identify candidate's development needs
- Provide brief, clear statements that support the ratings you have given to the candidate against each selection criterion. Provide insightful comments to ensure a better report
- Remember that RMC has a minimum call out time of 3 hours, so try to avoid having just one interview or a short meeting with the Scribe on a day
- Agree to a timeline with your Scribe for a final report. Allow sufficient time for the Scribe to complete the selection report, bearing in mind that it needs to be fitted in with other work on hand. Our standard turn-around time for selection reports is 5 working days from receipt of all information provided to the Scribe to complete the report and this includes referee's comments and the Committee's final ratings
If you have any concerns about the conduct or performance of your Scribe please contact RMC management as quickly as possible. We pride ourselves on our professionalism and rely on your assessment and feedback to maintain our reputation.