Learning & Development
RMCO is a member of the Australian Public Service Commission Panel for Leadership and Learning.
We provide courses on a range of topics developed specifically for the Australian Public Service.
Courses are customised to reflect your in-house policies and procedures and designed to improve the competitiveness and capability of managers and staff. All our courses are conducted by qualified trainers.
- Staff Selection Skills - how to conduct fair and professional staff selection
- Behavioural Interviewing - how to ask questions to assess individual’s strengths and weaknesses based on past performance
- Job Analysis - how to identify and value the core professional competencies and personal capabilities intrinsic to high-Level performance in a position
- Writing a Winning Application - how to write a well structured and focussed application that will win an interview
- Interview Skills for Applicants - a one-day course demonstrating various methods for building self awareness and easing nervous tension in applicants
- Thinking Strategically for Interview - the Bigger Picture - a one-day course particularly valuable for APS6 and EL1 officers (or relative levels at middle and senior management) who wish to progress their careers
- Conducting Investigations - the role, purpose and process of investigations and the responsibilities of investigating officers
- APS Awareness - the role and responsibilities of public servants
- Corporate Governance - the rights and responsibilities of participants in the management and direction of Government entities
- Legislative Awareness - the legislative framework for APS operations
- Equity and Diversity - the legislative framework and the value of encouraging and supporting equity and diversity in the workforce
- Employment Law- introducing managers and HR personnel to the fundamentals of employment law
- APS Writing Skills – developing individual’s written communication skills in the APS and departmental style